5 Ways to Take Your Twitter to the Next Level in 2018
Next to Facebook and Instagram, Twitter is another social media platform that brands and organizations can use to connect with their audience across the world.
According to a report by Hootsuite and We Are Social, there are currently 3.196 billion active social media users around the world. As of January 2018, their report lists Twitter at No. 3 behind Facebook and Instagram for the number of active users on the social media platform.
While there are more users on Facebook and Instagram, there are some key benefits to Twitter including increased brand awareness, ability to promote content, boost website SEO, drive website traffic and monitor brand reputation.
Twitter allows brands to connect with their audience on a different social media platform without being subjected to the weird algorithm that Facebook and Instagram are. The algorithm limits the amount of posts from businesses, brands and media but allows users to see more meaningful content.
According to Twitter Marketing, people share positive experiences about the organizations they follow on Twitter with their own network of followers, spread the word about your organization through retweets and are also more likely to buy or interact with you in the future.
Followers play a huge role in how successful a Twitter account can be. One big thing to keep in mind is that you should interact with your followers, as this is the key to a successful Twitter account. It can lead to higher engagement numbers, more followers and increased exposure.
So if you are running a Twitter account for a business or organization, you are probably wondering how you can increase engagement and followers. Here are some tips to take your Twitter account to the next level in 2018:
1. Use Promoted Videos, In-Stream Video Ads, Branded Emojis, GIFs & Photos
- According to Twitter Marketing, all of these ways plus a few more are a great way to interact with your audience in a completely different way. It also allows you to showcase your brands personality and makes it relatable.
2. Twitter polls
- It’s different from other ways to engage with your audience, but it’s a great way to interact with your audience and see what they are thinking.
- Tip: Try asking lifestyle questions that relate to your business or ask followers what content they like the most from you.
3. Take advantage of hashtags
- If you are struggling to find the perfect hashtag to use, try using tools like Twitter “Trending Now” section or Trendsmap. In need of the perfect hashtag? Sprout Social has a full list of tools to help you find the best one.
- Tweets with hashtags get two times more engagement; stick to one to two relevant hashtags when posting (Buffer)
- Both Twitter Business and Twitter Marketing provide content for creating a brand presence on Twitter, develop creative marketing campaigns that engage your audience and improve customer experience.
5. Use Twitter Analytics
- Using Twitter Analytics will give you the opportunity to know who your target audience is, what they are interested in, engagement rates, and the best times to post.
Twitter Accounts for Inspiration:
Bleacher Report: Features a wide-variety of content with photos, videos & gifs
Shea Moisture: Uses quote graphics, short videos and hashtags like #WednesdayWisdom and #FeelGoodFriday to engage with their followers
Adidas: Simple and straight to the point copy with videos or photos & hashtags
With these tips and recommendations, you can take your Twitter account to the next level and stand out among the rest.
In the end, Twitter is all about communication. Don’t forget that engaging with your followers and posting interesting content featuring photos, videos or gifs can help increase exposure and follower growth.
Need help taking your social media to the next level? MILO’s digital marketing team is ready to answer any questions you may have and work with your business to come up with a strategy that will make your digital presence truly shine. Let’s talk!